Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Spending $34 on Old Navy Jeans and Feeling Cheated, or, The Perfect Pair of Jeans

Yes, I admit to shopping at Old Navy.  I know walking in it feels like a dungeon of scary "modelquins" bearing strange, hungry expressions, guarding a pile of mismatched jeans huddled into a corner, but I like some of their clothes.

Since I first got my womanly curves 7 years ago I've been on a non-stop search for the perfect pair of jeans.  God, and my mama, have blessed me with adorable little legs and a strangely large backside, a tour de force of short, voluptuous beauty that literally seemed to happen over night when I turned 14.  But finding the right pair of pants that fit me properly hasn't been easy.  It's been a journey of bravery, bloodshed, and passion, but I don't want to go into it.  I've tried jeans on in American Eagle (too long, and no room in the back for a donkey), Loft (good length, not snug enough), Lucky Brand (great, but way too long), and Charlotte Russe (way too low-rise), just to name a few.  Still, I struggled...UNTIL...Old Navy came out with the rock-star super skinny jean!  Made for short little women with thighs and buns.  The best part is that when I bend down I don't flash and offend anyone!

I've been eating a whole lot of chocolate and unfortunately the Old Navy jeans I've been wearing for over a year now are sadly too small.  I'm not someone who will wear ill-fitting clothes just because they're a smaller size.  I'll go a size up if it'l flatter my figure more.  So today I went on a trek to Old Navy to buy the next size up and what do you know?  No size 4.  They've got every other size a woman could possibly be, except a size 4.  But, I was in need of new pants, so I bought a size 4 in a different wash, which was fine.  But what wasn't fine was that that one pair of pants was $34.  From Old Navy.  Though I was displeased with the price, considering I'm broke and quite sad about it, I had to buy them because I'm tired of my zipper falling down every few seconds.  I feel a little cheated by Old Navy.  It took me 20 minutes to dig through a ginormous pile of unsorted jeans with very poor help from a sales associate to find these babies, and I do believe they're overpriced.  I'm complaining a bit, but I've been on this pants-seeking mission for quite some time now.  I'm not six feet tall and small bootied, which is how many pants are cut nowadays.  I'm still continuing my search for the perfect pair of jeans for me.  If anyone out there can hear me, please help.

Forever the honest,
Stephanie Lato

No comments:

Post a Comment