Wednesday, January 16, 2013

The New "Party Attire"



 Sex appeal is an important factor when going to a party, a bar, or a club.  But in recent years some party attire has gone maybe a little too far.  Naturally, we all want to feel desired, and I believe that you should rock whatever makes you feel good about yourself.  But I think a lot of women dress overly sexy because they feel pressured to, and that's really not fair.  This post is for all you girls who aren't comfortable with the typical "party clothes" and want to know what other options are out there.

Sometimes when I go out I feel a little uncomfortable with how of a woman's body is showing.  It's great to be proud of your assets, and I completely respect that.  But the "less is more" mentality runs rampant nowadays, and every year I see fewer and fewer clothes.  I'm not trying to bash anybody or call anyone the "s" word.  I'm just trying to alert women of "going out" fashion faux pas.

Exhibit A is a look I call "Show me your boobies!"  This is unappealing in my opinion because it doesn't leave anything to the imagination.  It lacks sex appeal because it actually removes curiosity.  If someone knows what you look like under your clothes they may feel less inclined to want to...you know.  Also, if the tag to your bra is still attached, people will know your cup size.  Perhaps a little too personal.  How do we fix the look?  Simple.  You wear a tank top under it.  That way it is the illusion that what you're wearing is see-through instead of it actually showing your goods underneath.    

Exhibit B: The corset top.  I'm guilty of wearing one of these with a pair of shorts in the summer that I was 15? 16?  Which means that it has already been out of style TWICE.  In the 80s (Madonna) and in the late years of the early millennia.  How do we make this look better?  Pair it with a pair of panties and wear it in the bedroom.  A corset is an undergarment after all.     


Exhibit C: The bondage look.  Many of us have read 50 Shades of Gray, and if you're like me you got really freaked out by it.  I find the bondage look to be more scary than sexy.  How can this look be fixed?  Wear a t-shirt underneath and a pair of leggings.  It could actually be kind of cute that way, and with a pair of booties it will still be party appropriate.  

Exhibit D: The cloth skirt.  It is a strange trend that a lot of girls are wearing.  It's not necessarily overly sexy, but I am still on the fence about how I feel about it.  Personally, I'd only feel comfortable in one of these if I wore some leggings and a looser fitting shirt with it.  

Exhibit E: The Christmas wrapping look.  It's just really shiny and really tight.  I would choose one or the other in an outfit, personally.  

Exhibit F: Side cutouts.  It's just not a look that's flattering to every figure.  It shortens the body and chops up your look in the wrong ways.  On a long gown it can look stunning, but tight, short dresses are already sexy enough.  Cutouts just cheapen the look.  I don't have a how to fix this look for this one.  I just personally wouldn't wear it.


I just rejected a whole hell of a lot of looks, so what do I wear out?
T-shirt, skirt, and either boots or wedges!  To make it look a little more "night time" I choose a dark colored skirt, paired with either a sparkly T-shirt, or a dark tank top that's trimmed with lace.  Some statement tights are also really fun, like suspender tights, illusion zipper tights, or illusion tattoo tights.  Then I make my makeup a little darker and do my hair.  It makes getting ready really easy and keeps people's eyes on my face, which is where I feel most comfortable with them being.


Example: Stephanie style



Forever the honest,
Stephanie Lato


No comments:

Post a Comment