Friday, February 1, 2013

No Red Bumps!

I hate shaving.  I really hate shaving.  Not only does it gobble up time, but it also proves just how clumsy I am, especially when standing one legged on a slippery surface.  I don't know how other ladies do it, but I wash my body before I shave, just to make sure no dirt or anything rushes into my pores when I shave.  If that actually happens.  I could be making that up.  So, washing takes a while.  It's funny, my deodorant seems to fail all throughout the day, except for when I'm in a steamy room, vigorously attempting to rub it off with soap and water.  Once I'm satisfied with my cleanliness I apply the shaving cream, half of which washes off well before I'm even done shaving.  And in between the starting and finishing points I will have dropped my razor between 6-10 times.  I try to keep a steady pace so I don't cut myself, but somehow I always do.  I open up a nice little cut on my ankle that all of the leftover shaving cream rushed in to fill.  Desperately, I try to equip myself with the "feel the burn!" mentality.  Let's face it, that doesn't work.  But what I hate most out of the whole grueling ordeal of shaving is the red bumps I get on my legs after.  My skin is really sensitive to shaving, so by the time I get out of the shower I look like I have rubella, or some other skin reddening disease that there are now vaccinations for.

Not even a year ago I walked into one of my favorite beauty stores, Lush, in NYC and a salesperson, noticing my tattoo, approached me.  She told me about this amazing product called Ocean Salt that is in the same category as exfoliator/body scrub.  She told me that over time extra ink and dirt set into the pores and cause the tattoo to fade.  Ocean Salt gets into the pores and removes all of that gunk and prevents fading.  BUT IT DOES MORE!  The salesperson told me to use Ocean Salt on the area I'm shaving, before I shave, to prevent red bumps from appearing.  Guess what?  It actually works!  I don't know how this exfoliator is so different from any others I tried, but it is.  I ran out of Ocean Salt in December and tried to use other kinds of scrubs and exfoliators  before I shaved, and got red bumps all over my legs anyway.  I even use Ocean Salt on my face when I'm breaking out, and notice a difference in my complexion the next day.



All Lush products are 100% natural, vegan, and not tested on animals.  There is literally nothing in any of the products that is harmful to your health, unless you have certain food allergies that is.  I highly recommend not only Ocean Salt, but every product by this company.  It's an investment you won't regret.

Forever the honest,
Stephanie Lato

No comments:

Post a Comment